Gift Entry and Donor Records Specialist
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Collect daily donations received by Development, Business Office, Athletics and other campus departments; evaluate, sort and total all donations made to AIC on a daily basis in order to create daily gift batches. Manage gift analysis and entry procedure and process daily gift batches in a timely and accurate fashion to adhere to Institutional Advancement's 48-hour turnaround receipting/acknowledgment policy. Assist Advancement Services Manager in balancing gift accounts with the Business Office.
- Coordinate and process data analysis and entry projects; operate and maintain a computer and database system; enter donations into the computer, maintain database integrity and gift lists; adhere to system operations.
- Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift to be processed; select appropriate calling officer to write acknowledgement letter based on the above criteria and the source of the gift.
- Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields where information is available. Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of hardcopy filing system.
- Assist Advancement Services Manager in fund raising projects through verifying, preparing and processing corporate matching gifts for submission to the matching agency; process and enter matching gifts into the database when they are received. Assist Advancement Services Manager to produce various reports pertaining to the gift entry process.
- Train, supervise and manage student staff, when appropriate and necessary.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
- Required Field of Expertise: Higher Education / Development Operations
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Advancement services, non-profit management
- Experience and understanding of fundraising (Raiser's Edge) or accounting software is mandatory
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to work productively in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and collaborative environment and the ability to independently manage a multi-faceted workload and meet strict deadlines;
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must; sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times;
- Ability to identify areas to increase efficiency of our systems
- Proven ability to plan and manage a variety of projects and high work volume: must work well under pressure, prioritize, show flexibility, and solve problems creatively
The Gift Entry and Donor Records Specialist position is a full time, non-exempt, benefit eligible position scheduled for 35 hours per week. Normal hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. The schedule for this position is flexible to the needs of the department and requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.