Associate Director of Community Partnerships
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Aid in development, implementation, and annual evaluation of a dynamic recruitment strategy for admission of students to the school of education and graduate admissions divisions. Including; executing marketing initiatives, managing prospective student communications, planning and running events to promote and support student recruitment, and promoting articulation and partnerships with local businesses and organizations.
- In collaboration with graduate admissions director and the Marketing and Communications department, oversee the creation of materials used to create awareness of the program and to recruit and communicate with prospective students, including items such as ads, brochures, posters, website, newsletters, social media, etc.
- This position will be the primary engagement administrator, coordinating direct outreach to schools and corporate HR departments to provide information that will promote and engage their employees in AIC's graduate programs.
- Analyze recruitment, departmental, and market data in order to provide strategic recruitment, academic program, and operational recommendations and support data requests as required by accrediting bodies and other external organizations.
- Develop network of 50-100 organizations per year, building new and existing relationship with a focus on the employee educational growth. Conduct minimum of 150 off site visits with regional partners.
- Work closely with on campus team to identify external community needs and implement programs and services to meet those needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree
- Required Field of Expertise: Experience in higher education, ideally someone who has worked closely with Enrollment Management with demonstrated success in the development, implementation and evaluation of recruitment strategies or someone who has been in a sales leadership position
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Leadership experience within a graduate or continuing education program.
- Preferred Training/Cert: Previous experience with CRM's and communication plans preferred.
- Required Licensure(s): Valid, insurable driver's license
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills; both oral and written. Ability to interact with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to collect, develop and analyze data; ability to develop and analyze reports; ability to provide analysis in a clear and concise way.
- Strong understanding of Excel spreadsheets, including sorting/filtering, equations, etc.
- Ability to create collegial relationships across campus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills as it pertains to database creation and usage.
- Astute observation of higher education marketing in New England.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with excellent Excel working knowledge.
- Ability to travel throughout Massachusetts and New England.
This is a full time, exempt level, benefit eligible position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The hours are flexible to the needs of the department and will require occasional night and weekend event work. This position will travel extensively in Massachusetts and the New England region and may require occasional overnight travel.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.