May not work when class is scheduled even if class is canceled (no exceptions)
Must be eligible for Federal Work Study
Alicia McKenzie & Nyasia Dubois
Purpose or Role of Position
To serve as direct mentors/tutors to youth supporting the Boys & Girls Club mission to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens and the core beliefs that a Boys & Girls Club Provides: A safe place to learn and grow...Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals...Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences...Hope and opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities associated with the position and how they relate to the purpose/role
- Provide Reading, English Language, Math, and homework tutoring.
- Focus on the children at all times. Welcome and get to know the children in your group, ensuring that their enjoyment is your prime concern. Care for and encourage children, integrating unhappy children.
- Ensure the health and safety of children. Be fully aware of health and safety policies and inform the director of any contravention of policy. Ensure the children in your group are aware of all risks and relevant safety policies. Be aware of EEC regulations and requirements.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver a quality, fun program of activities, integrating your own ideas and utilizing those materials available on the BGCA site. Prepare in advance for each session ensuring there are enough resources available.
- Complete all documentation requirements as assigned.
- Ensure the safe and effective use of venue facilities and equipment. Respect the venue facilities and ensure they are treated with care and left clean and tidy at the end of each day. Check the equipment and resources daily to prevent loss of equipment and identify damaged items. When leaving an area, , make sure all items are returned properly and areas are cleaned. Maintain and record details of stock replenishment required, and report directly to the Site Program Director.
- Must exhibit a positive attitude, embrace teamwork and participate and complete all required training.
- Assist with general programming. Attend all staff meetings and in-service training.
To tutor children in reading, English language arts, and math. Providing tutoring support during homework Power Hour. To take responsibility for oversight of various arts and crafts, gym, game room, and computer activities for group of age-specific children, and assisting with the planning, preparing, and delivering of activities. Participation in field trip planning and attendance with groups as directed by supervisor.
- A high school diploma.
- A minimum of 6 months of experience working with youth
- Ability to pass a CORI
Employer's online application: https://aic.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/189985