May not work when class is scheduled even if class is canceled (no exceptions)
Center for Academic Success- Writing Center
Lesley LaMarche & April Voltz
The Noonan Writing Center tutor will follow guidelines and procedures that have been established for the College by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate one-to-one and small group writing sessions with AIC undergraduate and graduate students
- Develop workshops and presentations specific to majors; present material to workshop groups
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 with no grade lower than A- in English, or B+ in honors English
- Strong knowledge of reading and writing skills, formatting, and citation
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting
- Sensitivity to a diversity of cultures and ideas
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience with MS Word
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The tutor position in the Noonan Writing Center is an hourly position with no guarantee of a minimum number of hours per week. Normal Office Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but occasional evenings and weekend hours are required.
Employer's online application: https://aic.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/189985