May not work when class is scheduled even if class is canceled (no exceptions)
Must be eligible for Federal Work Study
Katelyn Hurley & Ashlee Givens
Open to current Student Life Student Staff: ECo, Street Team, Stinger Pub, and Diversity Education.
The Summer Student Engagement Assistant will assist in the day-to-day activities and operations of the Center for Student Engagement (CSE) and the Student Life Division.
The Summer Student Engagement Consultant position is critical to the institution because this student will be supporting student engagement and involvement at American International College. The student will support the Student Life staff and complete tasks that will better the student experience on campus. The student will work on projects throughout the summer that will allow them to engage with prospective students, support current students, and brainstorm ideas to best serve returning students.
- Open and close the Center for Student Engagement accordingly, manage the space with the utmost professionalism during all shifts.
- Help direct walk-in traffic and assist students with questions about Student Life.
- Work late-night and weekend programming in collaboration with the professional staff in the Center for Student Engagement.
- Accomplish assignments related to Summer Summit Days and New Student Orientation.
- Clerical office duties, including: Hanging fliers on campus, removal of out of date marketing materials, office work and email follow-up, database work in ENGAGE, and other duties as assigned.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Must embrace diversity and create a community that is inclusive and accessible.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Must be familiar with the services, structures, and systems of American International College, especially those related to Center for Student Engagement.
- Must be reliable, confident, and flexible.
- Must be conscious of attendance and timelines.
- Must have the ability to serve as a role model and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Must utilize organized decision and problem-solving skills.
- Must take initiative and work independently.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must set a positive tone for interaction and demonstrate responsibility and respect for others’ rights, feelings, lifestyles, diverse backgrounds, and for personal and College property.
The Summer Student Engagement Assistant can work a maximum number of eighteen hours a week. Summer Student Engagement Assistant will occur during normal business hours, unless otherwise specified.
Employer's online application: https://aic.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/189985