May not work when class is scheduled even if class is canceled (no exceptions)
Must be eligible for Federal Work Study
Katelyn Hurley & Ashlee Givens
The Student Engagement Consultant (ECO) will be a key member of the event approval process for all Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). This position will review event submissions, submit all space requests, set-up requests, AV requests, and work with students to ensure their events are correctly submitted. In addition to this role, the ECO’s will assist in the day-to-day activities and operations of the Center for Student Engagement (CSE) including greeting students, answering questions, providing basic support, etc.
- Review event submissions and finalize all event details in order to streamline the RSO event approval process.
- Open and close the Center for Student Engagement accordingly, manage the space with the utmost professionalism during business hours.
- Help direct walk-in traffic and assist students with questions about RSO events and details.
- Complete the Student Engagement Consultant Shift Report following each shift.
- Clerical office duties, including: Hanging fliers on campus, removal of out of date marketing materials, office work and email follow-up, database work in ENGAGE, and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse student, faculty and staff populations.
- Strong organizational abilities and time management skills.
- Capacity for discretion and confidentiality when working with students and administrators.
- Ability to be creative and innovative.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, self-motivation, and maturity.
- Knowledge and experience with current administrative software: (ie: MS Word, Excel, Internet browsers, Canva, etc).
- Ability to work independently or within a team setting.
- Maintain good academic and judicial standing.
The Student Engagement Consultant position is a federal work study position and can work a maximum number of ten hours a week.
A typical shift would be:
Monday-Friday, between the hours of, 8:30am-4:30pm
The Student Engagement Consultants will be required to attend trainings and staff meetings determined by the Coordinator of Student Life.
Employer's online application: https://aic.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/189985