Supervisor: Lesley LaMarche
Center for Academic Success
May not work when class is scheduled even if class is canceled (no exceptions)
This position is available for Federal Work Study or Institutional Work Study
Peer tutors provide individual and small group tutoring sessions to assist students in understanding course concepts and developing more effective study strategies. Peer tutors facilitate learning, acting as guides and coaches to help students become successful, independent learners. As an employee of the Tutoring Program, Peer tutors are expected to maintain ongoing communication with the Director of the Tutoring Program. In addition, peer tutors are expected to respect the confidentiality of their tutees, and must sign a statement of confidentiality upon being hired.
- Tutor students in specific course material, integrating study and learning strategies to promote independent learning.
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Initiate contact with professors to discuss the course being tutored.
- Respect the confidentiality of the tutee.
- Participate in the required 10 hour Tutor Training workshop.
- Maintain and submit a Tutoring Record Sheet for each tutoring session.
- Log every tutoring session into Tutortrac immediately following the tutoring.
- Schedule a brief introduction session to students for each class you are tutoring.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Minimum of an A- or higher in the course being tutored.
- A written reference from a former professor.
- Attend the mandatory 10 hour tutor training workshop
Employer's online application: https://aic.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/189985